Constitution of India provide free and compulsory education of all children in the age group of six to fourteen years as a Fundamental Right in such a manner as the State may, by law, determine and this all mentioned in Constitution (Eighty-sixth Amendment) Act, 2002 inserted Article 21-A. The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009 provide right to full time elementary education of satisfactory and equitable quality in a formal school to every child.
RTE Mizoram Act And Rule
Article 21-A and the RTE Act started on 1st April 2019. RTE Act has Free and Compulsory words. ‘Free education’ means that no child who admitted in RTE School by his / her parents can not supported to pay the fee. The child will get free education till 8th Class. And ‘Compulsory education’ means that Government and local authorities have to provide and ensure admission, attendance and completion of elementary education by all children in the 6-14 age group.
The RTE Act provides :
- Right of children to free and compulsory education till completion of elementary education in a neighborhood school.
- It clarifies that ‘compulsory education’ means obligation of the appropriate government to provide free elementary education and ensure compulsory admission, attendance and completion of elementary education to every child in the six to fourteen age group.
- ‘Free’ means that no child shall be liable to pay any kind of fee or charges or expenses which may prevent him or her from pursuing and completing elementary education.
- It makes provisions for a non-admitted child to be admitted to an age appropriate class.
- It specifies the duties and responsibilities of appropriate Governments, local authority and parents in providing free and compulsory education, and sharing of financial and other responsibilities between the Central and State Governments.
Click Here For More Details Regarding RTE.
Scheme Provided By Mizoram Government
The Mizoram Government also provides various scheme to students. Here we are providing some details regarding these scheme.
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan
- Mid Day Meal Scheme